Thursday, October 22, 2009

Well hello everyone. So all my predictions were quite wrong. Haha that's why I am not the mission president. Im staying and I am getting a young missionary. His name is Elder Christensen from Hurricane, Utah I look like a giant next to him. But we had two really neat expierences the last week. Me and Elder Norton found a lady who is looking for new direction in her life and wants us to come back. We also found the most golden person I have tracted into on my mission it happened last night her name is L C. She moved up from Atlanta a year ago. I guess her son is a member down there and she loves the church and reads her B.O.M and has no problem with it. She was sad because there was no Mormon church nearby and we excitedly told her their was one and she seems so enthusistic about coming. She wants to know her purpose in life and we left her with the Plan Of Salvation pamphlet and she said she would get right down to reading it. She told us to give her a call Saturday night to make sure that she can but all in all a real cool person the Lord led us too. Also a little story on prayer so Elder Christensen locked us out of our apartment after we went to give a blessing to someone. We looked around asked the neighbors if they had ladders, they either dint or they werent home and the men in the branch were at work. I was saying a prayer in my heart like man I dont know what to do we tried everything I tried to pull myself up on the roof but to no avail. Haha but you know what happened these workers guys just happened to drive down our road and they had two ladders on their van haha what are the chances. They also happened to running ahead of schedule so we wouldnt be messing them up for a job. Call that coincidence but I call it God's tender mercy. Well the mission tour went well although the Grow's really laid it on us. When I say we you have to undersdtand that the Pittsburgh guys were quite disobedient like even alot of their Zone Leaders I feel really unimpressed with. They told us that we need to work with more urgency. It kind of was a wake up call to me for the things that I am holding back and the places that I need to improve for we only have one shot. Its the same with all of us we only have one shot to live this life to truly make a difference in the world. Alot of times we all just get to darn casual and its easy to do so. Its easy to fall in a rut and go through the motions. I know that when we truly examine ourselves and do that will benefit us in the long term will help us fing more abiding peace. I love you all. A ggod scripture to ponder. (Moroni 10:32)That is the goal and it is possible through our obedience and our reliance on Christ. Elder Powell

No comments: