Sunday, October 18, 2009

Well hello everyone how is it going. Things are going good here we are working really hard trying to up the area and ive realized some great blessings. Some dissapointing news at the same time B dropped herself. It was so weird too the previous day we had a good lesson and she said that when she came to know this was true she would be baptized. In her prayer she expressed her gratefulness for God sending us to her. Well the next day she called us up and said you dont need to worry about coming over I'm going to stay with my church. She said that we didn't teach the same things that her church taught. I know she must have been antied and yes its a bit discouraging. It just really teaches me that Satan is ferocious he doesnt sleep and he trys with all his might to impede the work. All is not lost though we will give her a week or too and stop and really have a heart to heart talk and resolve whatever concerns our differences she may have. Ill admit as soon as I saw the number I just felt it would be one of those calls. But we could've chose to mope around in discouragment but we decided not to please satan and went stright back to work. It was really neat we found a really neat lady named M B. Her openess was touching she said she would read and pray and if this is what God wanted for her she would follow it. We also have met some other really neat people that have warmed my soul. Its refreshing in a world of negativism to find those who give of themselves and truly understand what we should be doing in this life. We were able to see P and she said she would be coming to the addiction recovery class and btw the one last week went well two people showed up and want to come again this week. We attended church up in Kane and gave me short notice and I gave a talk on service. I felt good about it that's one of the Lord's tender mercies he has given to me and i am so grateful. K we have not been able to see for a couple weeks. But im in good spirits transfers are coming up and I dont know what's going to happen Ive been told many different things. First of all me and Elder Norton have done well together and have improved the area, but 2nd the Zone Leaders reccomended I train, and 3rd they also think there is a good chance I could go Zone leader. I personally just like being a regular old joe, although it would be really fun to train. But we will see I really have no idea. I guess tuesday Ill find out also that day we will be having a mission tour with Scott Groves in Pittsburgh im excityed for that. But one thing I want you all to do is to read in the war chapters in the B.O.M this week. You may wonder why I ask you to do such a thing. Im in them now and i am finding so many wonderful paralels to the gospel and the war against satan. Even the war chapters you can learn great truths. (Alma 40-62 roughly dont have a B.O.M handy. Got to love the book of Alma and btw Moroni is my favoite B.O.M hero. He is an example of righteousness, boldness, and unwavering obedience to the Lord and his gospel. Obedience is such a critical thing I want you to know I feel so much better when I make obedience a quest and so to will you(Mosiah 2:41) I love you all this work is true even if satan tries to manipulate that it isnt. The work will continue to go forth lets jump on the bandwagon. Find someone for the missionaries to teach. Elder Powell P.S its snowing right now haha we are supposed to get a few inches.

No comments: