Thursday, October 8, 2009

Man I loved conference it went so fast. I tell you though it wipes you out all the spirituality. I will talk about it in a little bit. First of all S was able to watch conference and she liked it. We had a less active come to the Priesthood session. We also found an investigator named B B who came to the afternoon sessions and she came to FHE. How cool is that. K and P have been difficult to get ahold of. My thoughts are they may have been antied that always seems to be the case. How sad that people will trust man and no0t go to God and dicover the truth of the matter. We will keep trying and if im wrong I will be glad to admit it. We just got to keep going forward and find those who will have an open heart. This friday we will be holding and addiction recovery program at our branch and the Moons will be presenting it. We hope to get about 5 people their which will be great because alot of times the hold up for investigators and less actives is addictions. Take away the addictions you take away the shame and replace it with confidence and vision that truly it pays to choose the right. But ya things are going pretty well. But back to conference It was all great I noticed a few main things. 1) Keep the commandments. 2) Love 3)Go out and serve others 4) The world is abonding its values dont abandon ours. I really enjoyed Jeffrey R. Hollands talk. He expressed how God has counteracted against satan's mists of darkness. His weapon the B.O.M. He expressed how in the very moment that Joseph couldve delivered himself by doing one simple thing deny the B.O.M. Yet he didnt. He expressed would he blaspheme at that moment about a Book. If it was a book written by him certainly he wouldve confessed that it was his hand and not God's hand. He had nothing to gain and everything to lose by to stick to his guns that the book was of divine origin. He knew that God had called him to this work and was willing to die for the B.O.M. I loved how Jeffrey R.Holland said I give my name to the world. In a very real sense he was saying the same thing I will die for the B.O.M because I know it's true. The witnesses did that as well they were willing to lose their respect, their jobs, their family, and even their lives and why? Because they knew that they couldnt for great are the blessings to those who stand for truth. I hope I could say that I would be willing to die for the truth. The more we immerse ourselves in truth the more we lose the grips of the world and the more we can say YES it's better to face persecution then to give in to fear and deny our testimonies. If our testimonies arent as strong as wed like them to be then open up the fruit of the Restoration the B.O.M. In it it conatins a living testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. Combined with the Bible and the words of living prophets we will not be decieved if we treasure up. I know that htese men are inspired and that they are true diciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. Why else would they give up their careers, their free time, their energy, their personal pursuits and basically all to serve the Lord. That should be evidence enough that this work is true. I leave my testimony that this gospel is true be strong and reach out in love to all. Elder Powell

No comments: