Monday, October 27, 2008

Williamsport-Week 5

It was a week to be remembered. Time does not permit me to write all the things I would like to but I will share a little of my week. Going to the Aaronic Priesthood Restoration Site was such a wonderful spirit. Truly that is sacred place there. We looked where the Smiths and the Hales homes once stood learned a little more about them and the history of the area. We went to the graveyard and saw the Hales and Josephs son buried. We saw the large monument and other things as well. But the greatest part was taking the quiet walk thru the woods to the Susquehanna River. We passed Josephs creek the place hed fetch his water every day. We stopped at the edge of the river nestled next to an overhanging tree. President Pugh adressed us he got quite emotional and so did the rest of us. He read a little of Josephs story and told us how privleged we were to teach the gospel in Josephs backyard. That hit me strongly. I feel so blessed to be serving in the land of the Restoration. Joseph Smith was and is my hero. Sitting there in the hushed reverance of the whispering trees and trickling river the spirit once again strongly testified to me that the work that Joseph Smith did was true and valid. That he was a prophet, that the heavens arent closed that heavenly father loves us. It was very neat looking where the Prophet was baptized and where John the Baptist stood. President Pugh let us have some time to ourselves. I walked down to the river and just observed the beauty and reality of these events. I offered a Prayer and I felt a wonderful feeling of peace and love. Although on the outside I was shivering inside I felt warm. The spirit was there it was tangible. Not in the sense you could see it but you could feel it. How grateful I was to walk where Joseph walked and think of the marvelous events that occured. These things I know to be true. We can all have these feelings where the spirit touches us strongly. We dont need to go to a sacred site to feel it. We can feel it within our own homes, and in our own lives. You have to be humble, and you have to be patient and worthy then the Holy Ghost can have room to feel your hearts. Afterwards we had a testimony meeting which was quite touching everyone seemed to have been affected by that wonderful place. The rest of the week was not filled with alot of success; at least compared to last week but we had some great news. So M is doing well she also had a friend listen to us and she wants to learn more. We had a ward member who referred us to a very solid contact. She has actually been attending church for the past year with her boyfiend but has not been baptized her name is Me. Us Elders got to sing Called To Serve with the primary in their primary program that was fun. We also got to teach the priests quorum The Restoration and talked to them about misionary work. I hope we can inspire some of them. The men out here arent as apt to go on missions. Missions are blessings Im doing well; got to go my times up I love you all I hope to hear from ya soon
Elder Powell

No comments: