Monday, October 6, 2008

Williamsport

Well I have so much I could write but not enough time. So I will do my best.
Williamsport has been great thus far. I love the fact that we can teach so much
here. Just last week we taught 23 lessons which is alot more then I would teach
in Ephrata. I love it because it helps me to become a better teacher and have
more opportunities to help people. Although I bike like a madman I do enjoy
biking alot. I'm sore every night I come home but Its funner to be on bikes and
its getting me in better shape. As I mentioned before it is so beautiful here.
Although our area is very small and just consists of Williamsport it is
surrounded by mountains and the Susquehanna river. The colors are starting to
change and it just a few weeks its going to be gorgeous. I think the coolest
teaching experience I had came yesterday right before we were about to turn in
we taught a 16 year old boy named D. He listened intently and was excited
at the prospect of there being a prophet on the earth. He asked where the church
was and he said he would be coming this sunday. We commited him to read about
Alma the Younger as he has been in a similar situation. I have good feelings
and I believe that he is ready and willing I guess time will tell. But I wanted
to comment on conference. Boy how I loved conferece. It was full of powerful
stuff that boosted my xcitement, determination,and love for the gospel. I
learned many thing from it. But a few thing specifically stuck out in my mind
that is the message of the reality of a living prophet and what a blessing that
is, the need to stay out of the world. How we must keep our standards and the
commandments. We must not sink and decay like the world is very apparently
doing. We must have hope and have a love for life. Things probably will get
harder but that doesnt mean we have to be mesirable and worrisome. We need to
love life and follow the prophet and the commandments. If we do that we have no
need to fear and we will be strengthened to overcome the things that life throws
at us. I believe the second coming is near I got that vibe very strongly from
the prophet and apostles. We must prepare and get our lives in order. We must
not wait, we must do it NOW. As long we are headed in the right direction we need
not fear. We must unite with the church and our family and stay away from Satans
evil influences. A few quotes really stuck with me. "In the midst of
winter we find an invincible summer." "Faith is not just a feeling it
is a decision" "Meekness is not weakness its Christain courage."
"The lord doesnt ask us to walk across a continent he asks us to walk
across the street and talk to a neighbor about the gospel" "Find Joy
in the Journey" "If we feel our lives with a pile of tommorows we
might find alot of empty yesterdays." Many more amazing things were said.
But I learned that we must make the most out of our lives now. Stop wasting time
and focus on whats important. Gain a testimony and rely on the Lord. We are
nothing without him. I have a testimony this is the only true church on the face
of the earth. We have a living prophet. How greatful I am to have a prophet in
these troubling times. The Savior died for us and he wants us to have a strong
relationship with him. He wants to help us if we will but humble ourselves and
ask. Ask and ye shall recieve knock and it shall be opened unto you. I love you
all I hope life is going well and I hope to hear from you soon.

Elder Powell

No comments: