Thursday, October 2, 2008

transfer

What a great week it was. I'd say a great week to end my stay in Ephrata. The
greatest thing that happened was the baptism of DT; what a great
experience but I will talk about that later. You know how I said I would eat
23 slices, I actually exceeded that and I ate 25 slices and yes I won. I got pretty
chunky after that so I don't think I will try that again haha. We ate dinner at
the K and ate pig stomach, cow stomach, snapping turtle soup, chicken pot
pie, and whoopie and shoefly pies. All in all it wasn't too bad and the snapper soup
was pretty good. Well on to the baptism. The baptism went so good the spirit was
definately there. I had the oppurtunity to baptize him so that was neat. Before
the baptism we asked him if he was ready and he said "absolutley".
After the baptism he said he felt good. I think the coolest part about this
experience was the confirmation on sunday. After he was confirmed we sat down
and he leaned over with a smile on his face and said "that was
powerful". He went on to explain that he felt a power come into him and I
explained to him indeed that was the Holy Ghost. As it was fast and testimony
meeting he later got up and bore his testimony. What a powerful testimony it
was. Short and simple but strikes you too the heart. He said that this baptism
was life changing for him and he wants to continue to learn and grow. I have
grown to love D as he has grown so much and he has become a new person. As for
the rest of the people I met I developed many good relationships with people. I
had a good ward and had alot of good memories here. Ephrata was a good place we
we were blessed with success and I grew alot. I feel I did what I needed to do in
Ephrata and I was ok with leaving. I was a little nervous as this would be my
first transfer to a new area. You get butterflys and excited as you await your
name to be called on the board. So are you ready to hear where my new area
is......................
WILLIAMSPORT. I was excited you might know it because thats where the little
league world series is held. I am in a bike area so I am going to freeze haha.
My companion is Elder Welker he is a very nice guy you can just tell hes very
loving. He is from Provo, Utah. Well I'll write next week, I kind of need to get
unpacked. I hope your all doing great let me know how your doing. Love you all.

No comments: