Monday, February 23, 2009

Lewisburg 2/23/09

Dear Family and FriendsI want to express the love i have for each one of you. I am grateful for the wonderful influences that have helped me be who I am today. Being out here helps me realize how truly blessed I am. The previous week was not very fruitful in terms of finding people. But it was wonderful in the sense that some great things happened. First off B has been coming around and has matured alot. He has done so well lately that we decided to reset him with a date. His new baptismal date is March 14th so pray that he will stay strong and continue to learn and grow. S has said that we could come back and see her which is wonderful but I think she has lost some of her fire and determination. Pray that she will see the need for the gospel and that it is what will bring her the most happiness. With all her trials she wonders if what we teach her is even helping. It made me pretty upset when I found out her doctor told her to stop meeting with us so that might be partially why she isn't as gun ho. The R family came to church and they once again had a good experience. It was a wonderful block of meetings on Sunday. It was our ward conference and the President Hoffman and Bishop Clark addressed us. Bishop talked about being prepared and getting ourselves ready for the 2nd coming. He had many great comments he is very bright I wish I would've written them down. President Hoffman gave a great talk on service and how we as a people needed to be unified. In fact that is our stake theme. "That we will be of one heart, and one mind." He refered to Elder Eyrings talk on Unity whe he said a great day of unity is coming. I learned that we all need to band together and rise above the sinking values of the world. Gods standards never change he acknowledges that these times are difficult but he has given us a voice of a prophet to follow. It is my testimony that we do have a prophet and we cannot withstand satan unless we follow him and the counsel that is directed to him through the LORD. Alot is required of us as members. I need to go but be strong I am doing great and am being blessed.With LOve Elder Powell

No comments: