Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hello everyone!!
I guess ill start off with the major news. So we had a setback with S. She
has asked us not to stop by for awhile. I guess just the trials and things shes
gone through has finally caught up with her. She didn't really mourn during this
time and she tried to be the strong one in the family. Now she just wants some
time to herself to figure things out. It was dissapointing news granted but all
is not lost. She knows the things we taught were true and thats its helped her
in her life but I think she is just overwhelmed right now. I believe that in a
short while we will be teaching her again and getting her back on the road to
baptism. Ya know you never know what will happen in life especially in
missionary work. But you need to accept what comes you way and be grateful. I
feel like I can work on that. B is also not really progressing like we
would like him too but has made progress. It is hard for him to commit to things. We have had an increase in finding
which for that I am grateful. We found an unmarried couple and had a very
spiritual lesson on the Restoration. I felt it I pray that they felt it as well.
One thing that has been impressed on my mind is the need for us to fortify our
testimonies. There are so many people who fall away once adversity strikes and a
cloud of opposition comes. THere is SO much out there that is against the church
and if you havent read the B.O.M and prayed about it how can you expect to
stand. If its true which I testify it is then this church is true. If you doubt
me just look at the marvelous good that has come forth because of it. You cant
tell me that a false book and a false prophet can bring forth this much good.
THe Savior taught about this that by their fruits ye shall know them. You can
sucked up in the opposition of the church or you can ask GOd to tell you the
truth of the matter. There will be no fence sitters in the coming days we need
to make sure that we are seeking after the Lords will. There are wonderful
people of many different faiths but appreciate that we have been given more
light and understanding and do something about it. If youve recieved a spiritual
witness of a particular truth then that is enough you dont need to prove it
intelectually. Stand tall and be as the Savior would be. I just got rolling and
I dont know why I said all those things but I want you all to stay strong. It
makes me so sad to see people fall away. But I am doing good we are working
hard. THankfully we have had beautiful weather lately its supposed to be like 60
on thursday so it definetly feels like spring here. I pray that you can all be
happy. I love you all. This gospel is true

Elder POwell

No comments: