Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lewisburg 2/17/09

Hello Family and Friends. I'm sorry I was unable to E-Mail yesterday the Library was closed due to Presidents Day. It was a good week, time really goes fast out here. Me and Elder Norton have really tried to step up and talk to everyone we see. It still takes guts to talk to strangers on the streets but its amazing when you do all within your power the Lord blesses us. Case in point; we had a wonderful family show up to church whom we had never met. They had such a wonderful time at church and the ward really stepped up and fellowshipped them. The Dad used to be an assistant pastor and at first I was a little apprehensive how their experience would go just because of his background. When I talked to him he was a humble very kind man who really is searching for the truth. Hes reading the B.O.M and he's watched alot of the Church videos and him and his family is really soaking it up. Thanks to a member who was willing to share the gospel a family has been touched. I'm really excited for the opportunity that we will have to teach them soon. We are always seeking to find families because retention is so much better when people are not alone when they join the church. What a wonderful blessing. It just goes to show that members play a huge role in missionary work. It is so much better if the members do the finding and missionaries do the teaching. Do your very best to share the gospel. It takes guts I know but think of how wonderful you will feel if you can bring somebody in and change there life for the better and invite the fullness of the gospel into their lives. We haven't heard from S but we are really going to try and contact her this week. B is doing better we will hopefully set him with a date soon. Also there are some promising people coming up. I really feel this area could really explode. We just need to give our best effort and let the Lord work in his own way and in his own timing. I can promise the greatest happiness we will feel is by living the gospel. I know when I have slacked I am not as happy. Don't let Satan decieve you. He would have you think that the gopsel is restrictive and it won't make us happy when in fact it gives us so much feedom and happiness. I have been reading from the B.O.M lately and I am learning so much. Before I would've just read pretty quickly through it but now I am taking the time and letting the spirit teach me. My scripture study has really improved. 2 reasons why #1 I'm willing to pay the price to gain more knowledge and #2 I'm writing things down which invites the spirit to give us more personal revelation because it truly shows that we really treasure learning by the spirit therefore we will be more apt to recieving more guidance. Don't take the scriptures for granted; I am starting to realize that any question we have can be answered in the scriptures if we diligently search and we live worthy of the spirits guidance. What a great gift that we all should seek after. I still am far from perfect but I want to be led more by the spirit. We will be led more often as we are obedient to lords will and if we truly want it. But I hope you all had a great week and a great Valentines. Mine was just another day with choclates as an added bonus haha. I love you all take care let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Elder Powell

No comments: