Monday, December 29, 2008

Lewisburg 12/29/08

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. It was such a treat to get to talk to my family on Christmas. They all seem to be doing well and I loved just hearing their voices again. I had a great Christmas. We spent Christmas at the Rawls and they were very hospitable and we had a great time playing games and running around with the kids. Of course not as fun as running around with my nieces and nephews but it was fun nonetheless. I hope you all were able to remember the Savior this Christmas and throughout the year. I know that it is only through the Savior that we can find true happiness. If our lives arent rooted in Christ then we will find our happiness to be very fleeting. I really like the ward we are in. They are so good to the missionaries and are just cool members. Me and Elder Norton have alot of fun together. This past week we worked hard. We had a baptismal date for one of our investigators but that will be postponed for a few weeks to have him clear up some stuff. His name is B so pray for him. We also had a person just show up to church who we had'nt ever met. He is really excited to meet with us and we have good feelings about him. His name is J. Also there are a couple others we are excited about. I am excited for a new year a chance to have a fresh start and improve in areas I am lacking. I hope you will all come up with resolutions and be determined to follow them. Make sure you make the Lord apart of your life and have him help you. The Atonement of Jesus Christ applies to all aspects of life and can be used to refine any part of ourselves. I am so grateful for it because I am far from perfect and its wonderful when you do feel it working in your life. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful new year. Elder Powell

No comments: