Monday, December 1, 2008

Hey everybody, I am doing well. Had a good thanksgiving. We had the 28th annual turkey bowl and it was a slippery battle. We ended up tying but it was alot of fun except for the soreness I still feel... haha. We had two dinners so we were fed really well. This week was a good one. I think the highlight of the week was the experience with T. We met with her two times this week and she is growing so much. She takes the pamphlets we gave her everywhere. She has read everything we've given her. She asks so many questions and just is so eager to learn. She gave her first vocal prayer of her life and now she asks if she can offer the prayers. She tells us how she prays by herself and her days have gone much better due to that and the things we've taught her. She just said how much her life has changed and improved since we have met with her. She now knows she will see her mom again something that had devastated her. Its so cool bringing hope into peoples lives. She said she would give up coffee by the new year. She is not ready to be baptized but in due time I feel she will be. I am thankful to the Lord for the blessings he has given me. The people I teach our not of my own making but the Lord's. I pray that you all will be happy and that you will feel your lives with the things that matter most. Have a good week. Elder Powell

No comments: