Tuesday, January 13, 2009

LEWISBURG/1-12-09‏

Hello family and friends cross your fingers that this E-Mail doesnt get deleted. I am doing really well here in Lewisburg. Although we arent finding as many investigators as we would like we are being blessed with the investigators that we do have. S is doing well and is really excited about learning. She came to church and loved it. She also came to a baptism that the other Elders had and it was a positive experience. We are going to be setting her with a date on Tuesday as well as teach the Word Of Wisdom. That day I actually will be on exchange with a brand new missionary. He's only been out three weeks. This will be the first time that i will be the old one in a companionship, haha weird. It will be awesome because new missionaries are so teachable and just have a great spirit. Although I suspect I will probably be doing most of the teaching. Instead of teaching it maybe I should just go and grab her cigarettes and say no more and then be done with it haha jk. But ya, I'm excited. B is doing well also he is improving with the things he's struggled with and he just seems to be maturing and more light has come into his life. Those are the main two all the others we either struggle contacting or they aren't too solid. We are tracting over ten hours every week but we cant seem to build our teaching pool. I think when the college kids come back this week we might have more success. But we had Zone Conference two weeks ago it was great. It focused alot on the proclamation to the family. We need to protect our families and not support things that would degrade the family unit that God established. President Pugh is actually out of the mission right now for surgery. Pray for him that his surgery goes well and that he has a speedy recovery. We are going to fast for him as a mission on Tuesday.I have no idea what kind of surgery it is but we want him back as soon as we can as well as Sister Pugh. I am doing great I hope you are too. I have testimony that if you go to work for the Lord he will go to work for you. He waits at the door and we must open the door. We must accept him and his will for us. Be humble, don't question Gods commands just do them. I love my Savior, and my loving Heavenly Father. I love you as well take care. Elder Powell

No comments: