Monday, December 8, 2008

Hey everybody!!I can't believe that Christmas is almost upon us. Did you get to watch the Christmas Devotional; I really liked it. The thing that really caught me was the prophets remarks. He made the comment of the innkeeper that had no room for the baby Jesus and what a great blessing he deprived himself of. He made the anology as if we were the innkeeper. He said do we have room for Jesus. Our house is full of common day items and common day activities but is there room for Jesus. That made me think. If we could all give Jesus the best room and the greatest attention. How blessed we would be for we would come to know him better and feel of his love in more abundance. Matieralistic things vanish away but Christ's love is always there if we will seek for it. My desire is that we will make room for the Savior and give him our best. I hope we can remember him this holiday season and always and do as he would do and be as he would be. Find those who need a hand of fellowship lift their spirits and have the spirit of giving this Christmas. Well onto the work. Its going pretty well. This week was particularly cold. The cold here just soaks through you. It makes it tough but hey at least I'm not up in Siberia haha. T is doing well. She came to the ward Christmas party which was the most unique one I've been too but I'll talk about that a little later. She also came to church. First time in like 20 yrs for her. Im proud of her because she really struggles with anxiety sometimes and I called her sunday morning and she was having one of her spells. But she said ya know what I'm going to church. She came and expressed how glad she was that she came. I love how shes always asking questions and her excitement bout learning. She is definetly growing but I think she's scared to get pushed. Sooner or later she will get wet. M will be baptized this Saturday. I feel like I haven't had to do much work with her because of a family in our ward. She's friends with the daughter and girlfriend of the son. She's got good fellowship and thats the key. We have had to drop alot of investigators because they just arent commitable. But cool exeriences foor me. Made some progress with the S's one of our less active families. We thought it be good to get them involved with the ward somehow besides church. Brother S has alot of Snakes thats basically all he talks about. So we set up an activity where he came and showed the young men the snakes. It went so good. The kids liked it and it meant so much to Brother S. It gave him something to look forward and to do. Plus him and his wife got good fellowship with some of the leaders there. I'll have to send you a picture of his python around my neck. It was pretty scary because the snake was tensing up on me as if it wanted to it could kill me. Haha but no worries all is well just probably won't put a snake around my neck again. But I'm doing good here. Transfers are coming up on the 21st. I have an inclination that I'm leaving we will see I guess.

Elder Powell

If you want to send a package during the holidays email me at kimri@live.com to get information so that we can make sure he gets them for Christmas.

No comments: