Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Hey family and friends, this is an E mail from one of my recent converts. It made me so happy I thought you'd like to read it. " Elder Powell. I hope all is going well with your mission. I have been doing well. I received the Aaronic priesthood and blessed the Sacrament two Sundays ago. I also invited my youngest daughter to attend with me and she seemed very excited and interested in learning more about the restoration of the Church and Gospel. She came back again last Sunday. I am attending priesthood advancement class given by President Russell; this is a six week course and so far I have attended two sessions. The priesthood advancement class is very interesting and I am learning much.Barry S has been asked to bless the sacrament this Sunday and he is coming over tonight so I can help him prepare. He will do fine!I just wanted to thank you again for teaching me and having patience. My life has changed and is continuing to change as I study the scriptures and attend classes. I know that what you are doing may not always be easy and requires sacrifice, but you are helping to change lives. May our heavenly Father Bless You!" D..... Thats what makes a mission so worth it. I'm doing great. Happy thanksgiving, love you all. The gospel is true and it brings true lasting happiness. Elder Powell

No comments: