Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hey hey hey,

Change came about as I suspected. Elder Lucherini got transfered and my new companion is Elder Winters. He actually came out with Elder Lucherini but he is actually still driving to get here because the member got lost I think haha. I'm just here with Elder Child the one who was in my MTC group and we did some crazy cleaning today. Its amazing all the condensing thats going on in our mission. They just combined another Zone and they closed our District and we will be combining with another set of Elders. Consequently that other set of Elders also had a District Leader there. He has about 6 months to go so President just has me as a normal missionary this transfer gave the nod to the older missionary. Which is fine, I'm just excited to go out and work really hard this transfer. The past couple days I have worked really hard trying to improve our maps, compile a quick list of all the people we can go see this transfer. This is the most organized I've been in my mission which is an accomplishment for me haha. But we had a good week. The baptism in Somerset went really well. I enjoyed interviewing S, it was neat just to hear her story and just give her counsel on how to stay strong. But what was great is that J came to the baptism and It was a positive expierence for him. Unfortunatly J is progressing but slowly. I mean he has come out to church and out to a baptism so thats good news. Also C and R came out to church and enjoyed it. We are really trying with our investigators to get them good fellowship in the branch and the branch is doing a good job. I could possibly see us setting two people with a date this week. C and B.J,so pray for them. Also we are having a BBQ with the Clappers on Wedesday and a lot of their nonmember family is coming. So pray that we may have an opportunity to get some things rolling with his family. I just want you to once again know that I have a testimony of this gospel. It is true it is the secret for a better life. It is the path that we make it back to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I love you all have a great week.
Elder Powell

No comments: