Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What a wonderful blessed week we had. The R Family are now the newest members of the Lewisburg ward. How wonderful it is to witness the baptism of a family into the gospel. President and Sister Pugh actually came to the baptism which is rare especially considering they drove a couple hours to come to the baptism. What a privlege to have them. I was talking to Sister Pugh after the baptism and she remarked how rare it was in our mission to have a whole family come into the gospel. How blessed I am to be apart of this I justly ascribe it to the Lord. F went to great lenghts to study out our religion and find out if it was right and he and his family came to the conclusion that this was the right thing. The baptism was fantastic the spirit was strong. I was relieved to see that sister R had peace at the baptism. She had been way nervous because she is not a crowd person and she was wondering if she knew enough. We counseled with her that she did and although many people showed up for the baptism she was touched by the spirit and had a great calm. The remarks that were given were wonderful. This ward has strong members and rocks that the R's can stand on as they continue to grow in the gospel. The confirmation went great as well. I confirmed for the first time in my life, as well as a gave a baby blessing keep in mind this girl is 7 which was interesting. I basically said the name that shewould be known as in the church and I gave her a blessing to continue to grow and prepare for baptism. It will be such a treat to see this family go through the temple in a year. The Lord has blessed us greatly i believe a great connection is found in D.C 4. We have desires and we are called to the work of gathering the harvest. Although I make many mistakes I appreciate that the Lord allows me to be apart of the miracle of the gathering of the faithful. Which brings me to the point of conference this weekend. I am so looking forward to conference this weekend. Im so excited to be spiritually fed. I plan on writing a series of questions that I want answered and then I plan on diligently listening to the talks and alowing the spirit to teach me. I pray that you will all prepare yourselves and truly have a desire to follow the Lords counsel directed through his prophets. Im happy to hear that you all seem to be doing well. Understandably you have trails but the trials are for a reason they can help us grow. I love you all take care. Elder Powell

No comments: