Monday, March 23, 2009

Dear Family and FriendsI can imagine this weekend must have been a wonderful expierence. How happy I am for that. You will have to tell me all the details. To update you my new companion is Elder Fisher. He has been out 6 months and he is from Bountiful, Utah we have had a great time thus far. Hes just a really happy guy and he is a good missionary although I am the senior companion I think I learn more from him than he learns from me. The R's are doing great and we got all the Baptism details wrapped up so im glad we got the buisness taken care of so we can just focus on the spiritual nature of the day. Its been quite busy trying to teach them everything but we are almost done with the things they need to be taught. It will be wonderful though they actually have a couple members of their family who belong to the church who they just recently found out about who will be attending the baptism. That is a major plus because they know have a support group within the family. We contacted a potential investigator this week. She was someone I had talked too on the street one day and she seemed really interested. Well she seems really solid and we set her with a baptismal date. Her name is H. She has just been prepared and really has a great desire to learn and grow. It made me think what if I wouldnt have talked to her. Many times in this city I have become discouraged and frustrated with the great disinterest of the people when we talk to them on the streets. Sometimes I really dont want to do it because of their rudeness. But this really served as a testimony to me that talking to everyone you see brings forth great blessings. It may take thousands of people to reject you to find someone that wants t o lerarn. But its great when you do suceed amongst all the failure that seems to happen. I guess i should clarify. You never fail when you invite people to learn more. Because when you invite you put them in a position to act. When you do that the spirit can work in their lives and eventually hopefully soften their hearts. We have been so blessed and I look and see that all the credit should go to the Lord. I am just an instrument that can help bring his work forth. I pray that we all look for missionary opportunities. When i say opportunities it doesn't have to be something major. It could be something as small as paying a visit or saying hello, or being a good example, or inviting them to activities. Just remeber that you do it for the right reasons. Do it because you love the gospel, and you love the people and you want them to have more. I love you all hope you have a great week. If you write make sure you write by 8:00 A.M monday morning so I dont have to wait a whole week to get back to you. Elder Powell

No comments: