Monday, March 16, 2009

Dear Family and Friends I am alive and well.Actually doing really well as a matter of fact. B's baptism was a wonderful expierence. He has had a hard life and hasnt had alot of things go his way. What a wonderful thing it is for him to have a fresh start and truly be cleansed of his sins. He has a great heart and Ive enjoyed watching him grow. Some excellent news the R's came to the baptism and they decided as a family that they would be baptized. YES!!!! They are such a solid family. A family that will stay true to the gospel. Being the leader of the home Fax has truly studied this out and he has been touched by the spirit and his family likewise has. They will be baptized the 27th of March so alot still needs to be taught and arranged for the baptism. Me and my new companion will have alot to get worked out this next week which is a wonderful dilemma to have. I feel so blessed by the Lord and i am not worthy of all the blessings Ive recieved. I feel in large part it has been a result of your prayers and great faith. I thank you so much for your love and support. Although it feels like im in a totally different world I know you are there. So as I suspected change has occured i will find out shortly who my new companion is there is a possibility that I will be the Senior Companion and maybe even the District leader we will see. Whatever happens I am excited for another fresh start. I hope the new missionary that comes in really wants to get out and work and together we can grow in the gospel and bring others to a knowledge of the truth. Im so happy that things appear to be going well at home. What a big week for the family I whish I could see the joy on your face as Jeff is sealed to his wife but I know that this is what the Lord would have me do. I love you all so very much. I would like to offer a little counsel. Ive become somewhat aware with the negative circumstances that face the church at times mainly outside forces trying to weaken the church. But I want you to know that nothing can stop this work from progressing. I dont care what all the critics say I know this church is true because the spirit has borne witness to me many times that it is. Be a light to the world and turn the other cheek. Stand firm in the faith but do so gracefully. Remember alot is required of the saints in the coming days but I know we are more then equal to the task as we rely on the Lord. Take CareElder Powell

No comments: