Thursday, July 23, 2009

I am pretty tired so I don't know how long this will be. We worked hard this week I was pleased at the amount we were able to teach this week. We had a mini zone conference this week and I got too have an interview with President Summerhays and it was short and sweet. He didn't give me any indication of whether I'm staying or going. I will find out soon enough. Transfer calls will be on monday and transfers we will all head down to Pittsburgh for transfer meeting. Just this once I think we all will come so everyone can meet each other. Thats going to be alot of missionaries probably 170. My guess is I'll be heading out but still a good chance I might stay. Too be honest I love the branch but its sometimes difficult with the area. There are not a lot of people and its so spread out. But nonethless we have been blessed these past few weeks too teach quite a bit. I think my favorite part of the week thus far was when we were able to teach M G. Elder. Bylund came on exchange with me and we taught about the Plan Of Salvation and I felt the spirit really strong and I know M did too. Its great when the spirit directs you dont even think about what you say you just let him speak for you. I really enjoyed my exchange with Brother Roberts. The reason why is because I was just so impressed with his quiet fortitude. He is poor and struggles to make ends meet, he's never been married, he pays his tithing. Yet he always comes out every month on exchange with us. He is great example of doing your duty and not complaining about it. He could make up excuses for not coming with us but he doesnt. It was just great too see his example. But I've been studying the Bible alot lately im in 2nd Chronicles. One great story I was reminded of was the story of Naaman. He had leprosy and he went to Elisha the prophet to be healed the prophet told him to go wash in the Jordan river 7 times. Naaman was wroth because he wanted Elisha to heal him right there, and if it was a river why the Jordan river so he had a bad attitude. His servants said something profound to him its found in 2nd Kings 5:13. " And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, IF THE PROPHET HAD BID THEE TO DO SOME GREAT THING, WOULDEST THOU HAVE DONE IT? HOW MUCH RATHER THEN, WHEN HE SAITH TO THEE, WASH, AND BE CLEAN?" Naaman repented and he did as Elisha directed him to do and he was healed. So to are we guilty at times of Naamans attitude. We often times think oh that wont help. I dont see how reading my scriptures, or saying my prayers, or going to church, or going to the temple could really heal me. We conjure up some miraculous way of how God will heal us yet we deny the little aspects of the healing process. God wants to see where we stand he wants us to take counsel from our heart rather then our mind so much. He wants to see how strong our faith is and whether we will trust him to do the little things to bring about great miracles. Remember the brasen serpant and how many of the Children Of Israel denied looking at it to be healed because of the simpleness of the way. We need to do the little things in order to qualify for God's trust and too secure for ourselves marvelous blessings. Im glad that this lesson was brought back to my mind because I am just as guilty as anyone. I know this gospel is true do your very best and be happy. I love you all. Elder Powell

No comments: