Friday, May 8, 2009

Hey Everyone
We had a good week in Bedford because the cupboard was bare when I got here. We didnt have really anyone to teach. But the Lord truly blessed us as we were able to find 7 new investigators. I have to say that give me a little more time for Bedford to grow on me. Its just so rural and not enough miles. So the city of Bedford has been tracted out many times so I want to go to those areas where people havent really seen the missionaries. But ya really there isnt many people in my area but yet we were blessed. Nobody that we are to excited about YET. But we will keep working and see what happens. I enjoyed my first sunday here. It was so crazy being a branch first one in my life except for Island Park. They had stake conference broadcast and Elder Jensen, Elder Perry, and President Monson addressed us. I really enjoyed President Monsons talk. He talked about how we need to find the lost platoons. There are many casualties out there. There are many lost latter day saints. Whether the old and the lonely, or the ones who have wandered off the path of righteousness. We must rescue our brothers and sisters and go out and be the hero in their lives. If we persistently do this we will bring many back and help them feast at the table of the Lord. Persistence is the key we cant just try once and give up but as we continually show people that we care great things can happen. When we lose ourselves we find ourselves. I have a testimony of that that when think more of others I am happier and I grow much faster and stronger. It has been good serving with Elder Lucherini. We complement each other very nicely. Hes very smart and remembers things well me, not so much. Im pretty good at getting my words out he's not so much. He's a BYU fan so he's a keeper haha. He really likes sports so thats cool to have someone to talk about sports with. He can do alot of good I really like him. But I am excited to call home in a week CRAZY. But I love you all the gospel is TRUE.

Elder Powell

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Elder Powell, I ran into your post because you talked about Pres. Monson. I thought Pennsylvania was beautiful as I drove through that state last year. I am sure there are many good people there. What did you like about what the other speakers said? Thanks!