Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Glimpse into Elder Powell's most recent email

I have to say this was a discouraging week. Appointments fell through left and right, people didnt want to listen to us. Anti-Mormon stuff all over around here. You really have to put on a courageous face at times with all the rejection and rudeness people bestow on us. But hey the Lord is giving me an oppurtunity to grow in ways that I couldn't grow anywhere else. I had a cool experience yesterday had been a long day until we came across two Columbian people. Elder Mitchell started speaking Spanish with them while I just watched and acted like I was helping since I truly am not since I know little spanish.I thought of Cory during this and for a second it seemed like I was in his mission. Anyways it was so cool cause they actually asked if we would come see them and not the other way around which NEVER HAPPENS. We were blessed by the Lord when we needed a blessing.

No comments: