Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hello

Hello to all who reads this.
This week not a whole lot happened. We didnt have too much success but hey some
weeks are better then others. I think the highlight of my week was yesterday. We
went to the Hershey Theatre for Stake Conference. What a neat and ornate place.
It did have a different feel then a normal church building. I
sat up on the balcony. It was a good conference I think the themes that were hit
the most was member missionary work and not getting offended. They talked about
how members shouldn't worry what people think and that there are people want to
hear the message but we aren't willing to open our mouths. Yes, I understand that
many people will scoff at us and totally reject the message but it makes it all
worth it if you can bring one person in. If people only could get past the
misconceptions of this church they would find the greatness of this gospel.
Elder Zwick was the General Authority that came to visit. What a kind and
gracious man. After conference we drove through Chocolate World which was
pretty interesting. Last night was great; we ate dinner at the Fitzsimmons home
and had an awesome testimony meeting in their home. What a great spirit filled
room. It reaffirmed to me that this is the true church. I hope all is going
well you are in my prayers.

Love Elder Powell

No comments: